Recruiting the Right Staff
Every business is a collection of people working together to achieve common goals. It follows, then, that businesses are most likely to succeed when the right people are employed in the right roles, and they work well together. Not only are the right staff important for business development and growth, they also determine the culture of the organisation; they influence not only how those around them behave, but also how they feel. In short, nothing matters more than how good you are at attracting and recruiting the best of people.
This training will improve your ability to do that. By learning how to implement scientifically proven methods of communication and influence into your recruitment and selection processes, you will be able to seek out and employ the very best candidates.
- Understanding the precise requirements of the role being advertised
- Going beyond essential skills and experiences – knowing how to recruit for attitude
- Choosing the language you use in job descriptions, person specifications and associated adverts
- How to attract the personality-type(s) you most need
- Interpreting CVs and letters of application – understanding what isn’t said as well as what is
- How to ensure the best shortlist
- Incorporating other staff in the selection process
- Setting the most useful presentation topic and requirements, and other tasks
- The skills of being a good interviewer – asking great questions and interpreting answers
- Understanding and managing the role of emotions in the selection process
- Giving great feedback.