Getting the Job of your Dreams
A one-day workshop in the strategies, skills and tactics that are essential for progressing your career.
The quality of our life experience is influenced significantly by the professional role(s) we play. Yet, despite the fact that we spend so much of our time in the workplace or on related activities, few of us are actually trained in how to get the jobs we most desire. Surely we owe it both to our employers and our life partners, to ensure we are invested in work that adds value and meaning, and that we enjoy doing?
This workshop teaches you how to play the ‘Getting a Job’ game brilliantly. From identifying the job(s) of your dreams, to persuading the organisation to make you an offer, this workshop provides training in the process, principles and practical skills necessary for winning one of the most important games of our life.
- Understanding the rules of the ‘getting a job’ game
- Why qualifications and/or experience allow you to play – and little more
- Writing a CV – the importance of first impressions, what to avoid, sequencing, sharing messages, matching and highlights
- Writing a letter of application – sequencing, matching and developing, ensuring relevancy and ease of reading
- Delivering a presentation – structure, style, narrative and messaging, proof points and persuasion, rehearsal, managing the audience’s state, how to identify the most likely questions you will be asked
- Managing other assessment tasks
- Being interviewed – preparation and performance, reinforcing key messages, knowing when and how to summarise, sharing the best examples, engaging the panel, preparing questions of your own.
- Managing feedback – when and how to evaluate your performance
- Why the ‘Getting a Job’ game always ‘starts before it starts’ and ‘ends after it ends’.
“I’ve had the privilege of watching Chris at work and, by a process of barely perceptible and subtle adjustment, he helps to nurture success and make people realise their true potential – often when it seems beyond reach.”
Mike Auty, QC
📣 Workshop starting soon, book now as places are limited!