Selling using the 6 Principles of Influence
Scientists tell us that influence is inevitable; we influence others in myriad ways, even when we don’t intend to – sometimes, even, when we don’t mean to! Selling, on the other hand, is not inevitable. It is dependent not only on having an appropriate product or service to offer, but also on the ability to influence others deliberately and ethically.
This training focuses on how to develop that ability. Based on key scientific principles relating to human interaction and influence, it incorporates the attitudes, skills, strategies and tactics necessary to enable everyone to sell successfully and repeatedly.
- Understanding the nature, and inevitability, of Influence
- Using the ‘Influence Chain’ – identifying the links in the Chain and knowing how to apply them
- Why it is essential to create positive emotions in others, and how to do so
- The myth of logical decision-making
- The power of Likeness: understanding others and how to communicate using their preferred communication patterns to create rapport
- The power of Authority: why, despite what you might have heard, we really do value experts
- The power of Scarcity: how to create value through limitation
- The power of Social Proof: how to harness the influence of others
- The power of Reciprocity: how and why it can be better to give before you receive
- The power of Commitment and Consistency: how to create commitments from others and how to demonstrate and encourage consistency
- How and why we should create valuable shortcuts